Due to a system upgrade, our Contact Centre staff are temporarily unable to process payments over the telephone. For other ways to pay, visit our contact page

Contact the council

I am moving outside of Sefton

If you are moving to an address outside Sefton, please register with My Account, our online Council Tax portal.

Once registered, go to the 'Tell us that you have moved home' section to tell us you are moving to another address within Sefton. 
If you've registered already, you simply need to sign in to your account in future. 

You can also use My Account to tell us that you are moving out to an address in Sefton but will not be liable for Council Tax as the Bill payer. (For example: staying with family or friends and have no legal interest in the property you are moving to or as a C/O address). You can also use this form if you own a property, which is empty and want to notify us that the property has been sold.

You should also register for My Account if you're moving out to an address in Sefton where you will not be liable for Council Tax or to notify the sale of an empty property.

Last Updated on Thursday, November 30, 2023

Recite Me Button