Fixed penalty notices

If you wish to pay a fixed penalty notice, please go to the fixed penalty notice payments page to make a secure online payment. You will need your fixed penalty reference number.

There is no right of appeal against a fixed penalty notice. You can submit an informal challenge to a fixed penalty notice you have been issued in the following ways:

Fixed penalty notice reference Contact
If your fixed penalty notice starts with FP

Go to our fpn portal and enter your FPN reference and surname to bring up the details of your fixed penalty notice. Click on the Contact Us tab at the top of the screen and enter the details of your challenge before pressing submit

If your fixed penalty notice starts with 101, 103, or 203

or write to

Highways & Public Protection – FPNs
Magdalen House, 30 Trinity Road, Bootle L20 3NJ

If your fixed penalty notice starts with 104


or write to

Parking Services, PO Box 225, Bootle L20 3WD

If your fixed penalty notice starts with 500

Please see the Withdrawal of a penalty notice section on the Attendance and Children Missing Education page

Whichever way you contact us, please make sure to include the fixed penalty reference number, your name, and your address.

If a fixed penalty notice is not withdrawn and you do not pay it, you will be liable to prosecution in the Magistrates Court.

Please see our fixed penalty notice privacy notice for environmental offences.

Last Updated on Thursday, May 2, 2024

Recite Me Button