Energy Bills Support Scheme- Alternative Fund
This Government scheme closes at 11.59pm on Wednesday 31st May, 2023.
The Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS AF) is providing support of £400 for energy bills for households in England, Scotland, and Wales without a direct relationship to a domestic electricity supplier.
This support is provided by the Government and is delivered through local authorities.
The scheme is now open to all eligible households across Great Britain until Wednesday 31st May 2023.
Subject to applications meeting the eligibility criteria, people who will be able to receive support under EBSS AF include:
- care home residents and others in care facilities/sheltered accommodation (wholly or partly self-funded)
- park home residents, houseboats and caravans that can provide proof of address
- social and private tenants who pay for energy through a landlord on a commercial supply
- homes on a heat network/private wire
- off-grid homes
- farmhouses used for wholly domestic purposes
How to apply
Applications are made directly to His Majesty’s Government, not to or via Local Authorities.
If you do not have online access, you can apply via a contact centre on 08081753287 where a representative will guide you through the application process.
Once you have applied, your application will be processed and verified. After this if your application is successful, your details will be shared with local authorities, who will deliver the one-off, non-repayable support. The payment will be made directly into your bank account in a single instalment.