Dunes Splash World is a hive of activity all year round offering a combined leisure centre and water-based theme park in one location. Located on the leisure side of the complex, Dunes Leisure Centre offers a 12m learner pool and a large 25m main pool ideal for all swimmers whether you’re taking your first dip or if you want to practice your technique.
On the first floor an extensive studio timetable in the large sprung floor fitness studio is available to offer a range of classes whether you wish to tone up, get in shape or get fit. If you don’t fancy a fitness class, the bright and spacious fitness suite overlooks Splash World with a range of machines and free weights to cater for all levels of fitness. We offer around 40 virtual spinning classes each week and around 50 instructor held classes.
The ground floor features a large sports hall with four badminton courts, leading outside we have four brand new 3G pitches available to hire for anyone.
- Active fitness suite
- 25m Swimming pool
- Learner pool
- Sports Hall
- Sauna and Steam room
- A brand new spin studio
- Activity studio
- Meeting room
- Splash World
- Dry side changing rooms
- Four brand new 3G pitches
Family and Child Admissions Policy.
The admission criteria detailed below is based on national guidance issued by the following governing bodies, The institute of sport & recreation Management (ISRM), Swim England, The Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS) and the Royal society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA)
- All Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a responsible person of 16 years or above.
- The responsible person must go into the water with the child/children they are accompanying.
- Whilst in the pool the responsible person should maintain a constant watch over the child/children they are accompanying and be in close contact with children who are weak or non-swimmers.
- Weak/non-swimmers must wear armbands and are restricted to the shallow end of the main pool.
Important reminder - If your child attends swimming lessons and they are under the age of 8, they are not permitted entry into the main pool before or after their swimming lesson unless accompanied by an adult. Lifeguards reserve the right to remove any swimmer who is in breach of the guidance stated above.
Under 4’s - One adult: one child without armbands or two children with armbands
4-7 Years - One adult: Two children with or without armbands
Mixed ages - One adult: One child under the age of 4 with armbands and one child between the ages of 4 -7 years with or without armbands
Rules for the pool
To improve your swim, we ask that you:
- Shower before entering the pool
- Read and obey all signs
- Familiarise yourself with the pool's depths
- Follow the lifeguard's instructions at all times
- Wear a buoyancy aid and stay within safe standing depth if necessary
- Do not eat or drink alcohol immediately prior to swimming
- Tie back long hair
- Use the protective blue overshoes provided
Gym Opening times
|Monday to Friday
|7:00am - 10:00pm*
|Saturday and Sunday
|9:00am - 4:00pm**
*last entry 9.15
**last entry 3.15
Pool Timetable Click Here
Class Timetable and booking: Click Here
How to find us
Esplanade, Southport, Merseyside PR8 1RR