What's been happening at Sefton Corporate Learning Centre?
Sefton Corporate Learning Centre – Training and Apprenticeships update
We’re now seeing a steady increase in the number of staff/visitors attending our premises. Face to face courses are now being delivered at full capacity, hot desking rooms are open, and our facilities are available for hire. It is great to see a hive of activity has returned to the centre once more, staff and learners interacting with other, chatting in the corridors, laughing, engaging and investing in their CPD – the centre has come alive once more!
The apprenticeship team’s focus is working with departments and managers to identify new apprenticeship opportunities for both newly recruited apprentices and existing staff, whilst continuing to carry out regular reviews to ensure they are up to date with their course work/preparing for their end point assessments and providing pastoral support when needed.
If you are interested in an apprenticeship opportunity be sure to check out our recruitment page.
Office 365 Training – now available!
I am pleased to tell you our Office 365 courses commenced September 2022. Click on the following links to book your place today:
- Word – Level 1 Fundamentals Microsoft Office 365
- Word – Level 2 Working with Word Microsoft Office 365
- Word – Level 3 Further Word Microsoft Office 365
- Excel – Level 1 Fundamentals Microsoft Office 365 –
- Excel – Level 2 Working with Excel Microsoft Office 365 –
- Excel – Level 3 Further Excel Microsoft Office 365 –
- PowerPoint – Level 1 Fundamentals Microsoft Office 365 – 2022/2023 –
For further information about our Office 365 courses or to enquire about booking a private event, please contact James Cole, Learning and Development Officer.
First Aid, Mental Health First Aid and Fire Warden
We continue to deliver the Level 3 accredited Mental Health First Aid (MHFA). This is a 2 day training course and is for people who wish to:
- Raise their awareness of the signs and symptoms associated with mental health problems both related to the workplace and in the general public
- Be able to actively listen and feel confident to have a conversation with individuals suffering potential mental ill-health
- Be able to assist with policy writing and risk assessments for mental health in the workplace
- Direct anyone with potential mental health problems to a reliable source of support both internally and externally.
Access our catalogue of First Aid, Mental Health First Aid and Fire Warden courses.
For further information about our First Aid, Mental Health First Aid and Fire Warden courses or to enquire about booking a private event, please contact James Cole, Learning and Development Officer.
This brings me nicely onto our Health and Safety eLearning. Titles include:
Health and Safety courses are FREE for Sefton Council Staff (excluding Schools) only, there is a charge for all other organisations.
In addition to the above courses, we also offer training in a range of other subject areas. Examples include Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Neglect Awareness and many more.
Browse our Course Library for further information.
Finally, If you would like further information about any of the courses we offer, please call 0151 934 2872 or email