Due to a system upgrade, our Contact Centre staff are temporarily unable to process payments over the telephone. For other ways to pay, visit our contact page

Contact the council

Information for people who rent

If you live in a privately rented property or you are a private landlord you can find out more information about how Universal Credit and claiming housing costs on the Universal Credit FAQs section

In most cases, the housing cost element of your universal credit will be paid directly to you, not your landlord.  As such, you will need to make arrangement to pay your rent to your landlord.

If the amount of your housing cost element does not cover your full rent and you cannot afford to pay it from your existing income, you may be able to apply for a discretionary housing payment.

Discretionary Housing Payments are discretionary awards and further information can be found in the related links area of this page.

Contact details for local social housing landlords include:

One Vision Housing
Tel 0300 365 1111
Website: www.ovh.org.uk

Riverside Housing
Tel: 0345 111 0000
Website: www.riverside.org.uk

Your Housing Group
Tel: 0345 345 0272
Website: www.yourhousinggroup.co.uk

Tel: 0344 736 0066
Website: www.regenda.org.uk

Sanctuary Housing
Tel: 0800 131 3348
Website: www.sanctuary-housing.co.uk

The Prima Group
Tel: 0151 227 1001
Website: www.primagroup.org

The Jigsaw Group
Tel: 0300 11 1133
Website: www.adactushousing.co.uk

Onward Homes (previously LHT)
Tel: 0300 555 0600
Website: www.lht.co.uk

Plus Dane Housing
Tel: 0800 169 2988
Website: www.plusdane.co.uk

Crosby Housing Association
Tel: 0151 920 7300
Website: www.crosbyhousing.org.uk

Last Updated on Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Recite Me Button